Below, I’ve laid out some important legal terms that apply to anyone who visits iwanttoleavemyjob.com. These terms are necessary to protect both you and I, and to make this website possible and more enjoyable for everyone.
Last Updated: 22 August 2022
iwanttoleavemyjob.com is an information website that aims to provide options and guidance for anyone feeling trapped or disengaged in their current job, or situation.
iwanttoleavemyjob.com does not recommend, endorse or promote that users of the site should quit your job. The purpose of the site is to encourage visitors to take action to improve their circumstances.
The website contains articles to engage and encourage the visitor, and provides links to third-party websites that sell products or services relevant to the content (by methods laid out in iwanttoleavemyjob.com’s Affiliate Disclosure).
International Use of the Site
The Site is managed and administered by iwanttoleavemyjob.com from our office in the United Kingdom. The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or other entity in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation.
Accordingly, if you choose to access the Site from other locations, you do so on your own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with all local laws.
Please be advised the Site is hosted in the United States of America. Through your continued use of the Site, you are transferring your data to the United States of America, and you expressly consent to have your data transferred to and processed in the United States of America.
If you are a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside (generally under the age of 18) you must have the permission of your parent or guardian to use the Site.
Other Applicable Policies
We may change these terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page regularly to take notice of any such changes as you will be deemed to accept them through your continued use of the Site.
Intellectual Property Rights
All content on the Site is the property of iwanttoleavemyjob.com or its suppliers. This includes text, graphics, logos, videos, and images created by iwanttoleavemyjob.com (collectively, the “Content”).
The Content’s compilation and its “look and feel” are also the property of iwanttoleavemyjob.com, unless otherwise indicated.
The Site and our Content is protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the United Kingdom, foreign jurisdictions, and international conventions.
- You may download and print material from the Site as is reasonable for your own private and personal use.
- You may also forward such material from the Site to other people for their private and personal use provided you credit us as its source and add the Site address: https://iwanttoleavemyjob.com. You must draw their attention to these terms which also apply to them.
- You may provide links to the Site provided you do so in a way that is fair, legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on the part of us where none exists.
The Site must not be used in any other way, including for commercial purposes, and you may not otherwise reproduce, re-utilize, or redistribute it (including, by way of example, creating a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site), or frame or deep link to it (or to any of its content) on any other website, without our prior written approval. If you print off, copy, or download any part of the Site in breach of these terms, your right to use the Site will cease immediately and you must return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made at our request.
Access to the Site
We cannot guarantee the Site will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors.
We aim to update the Site regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Site, or close it indefinitely. We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
No Reliance on Information
Reasonable care has been used in producing the Site, but it is only designed for general information purposes. No guarantee is given by us or our suppliers that the Site is accurate, complete, or up to date. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on the content of the Site by you, or by anyone who may be informed of the Site’s contents.
There may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to the Site, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the Site at any time, without prior notice.
The Site contains links to other websites and services operated by parties independent to us. We take reasonable precautions in selecting these, but we do not endorse or take responsibility for the content or availability of these websites. We cannot accept any liability for any material contained within them, or for your use of them, or any use of your personal data collected by their operators.
If you decide to access linked websites, you do so at your own risk, and we encourage you to read the privacy statements applicable to each specific website.
If you are under 18, you may need your parent/guardian to help you with your use of the Site and with ensuring the content and availability of any linked websites and services are appropriate.
Any purchases you make through external websites will be through other websites and from other companies, and we take no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party.
We and our suppliers take reasonable precautions to prevent computer viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other items that may damage the operation of computers or property or otherwise engage in computer misuse (“Malicious Programs”) on the Site but cannot accept any liability for them. You are advised to take precautions against such Malicious Programs, including the use of suitable protective software.
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the Site, as well as data relating to your use of the Site. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Site.
You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
Your Lawful Use of the Site
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing Malicious Programs. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Use any information obtained from the Site to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten anyone engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Leave comments on the Site that make excessive use of capital letters and/or spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text) that interfere with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
User Generated Contributions
The Site may invite you to contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”).
We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights, or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by you in any area on the Site.
You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site, and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, (1) to edit, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions; (2) to re-categorize any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the Site; and (3) to pre-screen or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice. We have no obligation to monitor your Contributions.
Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Site and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- Your Contributions do not violate any governing laws concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
- Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or disability.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in certain areas of the Site, such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements. If you are an advertiser, you shall take full responsibility for any advertisements you place on the Site and any services provided on the Site or products sold through those advertisements.
Further, as an advertiser, you warrant and represent that you possess all rights and authority to place advertisements on the Site, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, publicity rights, and contractual rights.
We simply provide the space to place such advertisements, and we have no other relationship with advertisers.
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to:
- In our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your Contributions or any portion thereof.
- In our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the Site or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems.
- Otherwise manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the Site infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify us using the contact link provided below (a “Notification”). A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification.
Limitation of Liability
Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or any willful act, to the fullest extent permitted by law we exclude all liability to you in respect of your use of the Site.
Term and Termination
We may terminate your use or participation in the site or delete any content or information that you posted at any time, without warning, in our sole discretion.
If you have any comments or questions about the Site, please contact the site owner, Russell Grantham, through this link.